2 natural nutrients revitalize energy and slow cellular aging
NAD + Pterostilbene formula expected to mimic calorie restriction anti aging effects:
A synergistic anti aging effect is expected from combining Nicotinamide Riboside and Pterostilbene.
Nicotinamide riboside represents an innovative advance to combat aging that functions via unique mechanisms not found in typical dietary supplements.
Nicotinamide riboside has been documented to help replenish cellular NAD+.
- Longevity: NR increases the amount of NAD in the body, which can help reprogram dysfunctional cells. These combined effects can help increase longevity in mammals. NR induced the mitochondrial unfolded protein response and synthesis of prohibiting proteins, and this rejuvenated stem cells in aged mice.
- Mitochondria: The nucleus and mitochondria can both metabolise NR. Its supplementation raises the nuclear and mitochondrial NAD+ levels, thereby activating nuclear SIRT1 and mitochondrial SIRT3 respectively.
Enhance growth and efficiency of mitochondria, supporting energy levels and physical performance,
- Nootropic: Contribute to neuronal health, supporting cognitive function during aging. Proper NAD metabolism can help protect the brain. NR protects the nerve cells in the brain by activating the SIRT3 and PGC1a pathways.
- Glucose tolerance: Promote insulin sensitivity, supporting healthy blood sugar levels in those within the normal range.
Pterostilbene is similar in structure to the anti-aging compound resveratrol, but is more bioavailable and preliminary research indicates that in some ways, it may be even more beneficial. Preliminary research shows that pterostilbene may help with healthy cognitive function and may support glucose levels already in a normal range. Emerging science indicates that it may also help support healthy blood lipid levels and a healthy inflammation response.
First human clinical trial for nicotinamide riboside
What Is Nicotinamide Riboside? NAD+ Booster Benefits?
Nootropics refers to a group of “smart drugs” intended to enhance and improve brain behavior.
- L-Theanine 200mg + 100mg Caffeine from Green/Black Tea or Coffee 100mg (2:1 ratio)
improved focus, attention, motivation, and mood
- Bacopa Monnieri 450 mg
improved memory, decreased anxiety
- Piracetam 1600mg (pharmacy) + CDP Choline 300mg
improved concentration, focus, memory recall, lucid dreaming
- Creatine 5g
improved short-term memory, reasoning skills
- Panax Ginseng 2g
reduced anxiety and enhanced performance: reaction time, endurance, memory retention
Art of Manliness – Supplements to Boost your Brain
The Hacked Mind – Ultimate Guide to Nootropics
An easy way to take multiple supplements is to combine your daily doses in pill boxes.
As written on their boxes, some need to be taken with meals, some in larger amounts (2 or 3). This supplements blog contains some conventions about used formulas and taking:
- M = Morning, on empty stomach
- B = Before an important meal (considering there are 2 important meals per day)
- B1 = Before 1st meal
- B2 = Before 2nd meal
A number before means a multiple dose (number of items), in example 2M.
Supplements are usually concentrated dried plant extracts (with water removed).
When taking multiple supplements at the same time, these should be taken with generous amounts of water to make sure these don’t get stuck or you dehydrate. Also water will help body eliminate excess substances and byproducts, regulate absorption and improve supplement benefits.